ISMEC 2023 — UrbinoISMEC 2023 will be the 51st edition of a series of meetings that begun in Florence in 1974 as the annual congress of the Italian group of “Thermodynamics of Metal Complexes”.
International Symposium on Metal Complexes ISMEC 2023.
Urbino 11th – 14th June 2023.
On behalf of the International Scientific Committee and of the Local Organization Committee, it is our great pleasure to invite you to attend the International Symposium on Metal Complexes (ISMEC 2023) which will be held, for the second time, in Urbino, Italy from the 11th to the 14th of June 2023.
ISMEC begun in 1974 as a series of annual meetings of the Italian “Gruppo di Termodinamica dei Complessi (GTC)”. Starting from 1989, with the addition of Spanish participants, it became the “Italian-Spanish Congress on Thermodynamics of Metal Complexes”, alternating annual meetings between Italy (ISMEC) and Spain (SIMEC). In 2010 the meeting took the name of International Symposium on Metal Complexes, becoming a well-established international conference on metal complexes and their application in the fields of Analytical, Biological, Environmental, Inorganic Medicinal and Physical Chemistry. Since then, the “International Symposium on Metal Complexes” was successively held in Taormina (2011), Lisbon (2012), Burgos (2013), Pavia (2014), Wroclaw (2015), Barcelona (2016), Dijon (2017), Florence (2018), Debrecen (2019), Bialystok (2021) and Valencia (2022).
The scientific program will be organized in lectures, oral communications and poster sessions, focused on recent scientific advances in the thermodynamics and the kinetics of metal complexes in the fields of: Analytical, Biological, Environmental, Inorganic Medicinal and Physical Chemistry. Main topics include, but are not limited to:
- Complexation thermodynamics and kinetics
- Solution equilibria and coordination chemistry
- Complexation processes in supramolecular chemistry
- Metal-based reactivity and catalysis
- Metal-complex interactions with biomolecules
- Metals in diseases: transport, homeostasis and toxicity
- Metal-based drugs: diagnosis and therapy
- Metal complexes of environmental and biological interests
- Nanostructured metal complexes
- Analytical methods and sensors based on complexation equilibria
- Computer methods for equilibrium analysis
We look forward to welcoming you in Urbino in June 2023.
— The organizers of ISMEC 2023
Count down to Ismec 2023