The Course will be held at the University of Urbino, Palazzo Battiferri Via Saffi, 42 (Urbino, Italy). In this occasion PhD students are invited to present the results of their research project with a poster. For Italian PhD students the presentation of a poster is reserved to those enrolled in the final year.
PhD students and young researchers interested to present a poster are asked to send an abstract to Prof. Stefania Butini – email@example.com and to Prof. Simone Lucarini – firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 5, 2017.
Instructions for the preparation of abstract full-length papers to be included in the ESMEC 2017.
Abstract must be structured in sections, as follows:
- Background (< 80 words): Provide one-two statements outlining the research field and its importance, briefly putting the piece of work into the context.
- Aims (< 70 words): Which issues did you set to address?
- Methods (< 100 words): Describe the main methodological aspects.
- Results: Provide a report/discussion of the most important findings (< 500 words); insert herein good-resolution image scheme/s, chart/s, table/s and/or figure/s directly in the text, where appropriate.
- Conclusion (< 80): Highlight the take-home-message of the research work.
- References: As a rule, they should not exceed 4 reff.
In order to harmonize the editing template, please carefully read the following standards:
- FILE: Microsoft Word
- PAPER SIZE: A4 (European standard)
- NUMBER OF PAGES: Maximum 2 pages
- MARGINS: Top, 3,00 cm; bottom, 2,00 cm; left, 4,00 cm; right, 2,00 cm
- LINE SPACING: Single
- ARTICLE FONT: Justify, Times New Roman, Regular or Bold where needed, Single line spacing; Section’s title left aligned and bold
Title and Affiliation:
- TITLE: Times New Roman, bold, 12, UPPER CASE;
- Author’s name (only the presenting PhD student): Times New Roman, 11
- Affiliation (Doctorate School and Department): Times New Roman, 11
- Sections’ heads: Times New Roman, 10, bold
- Text: Times New Roman, 10
- References: Times New Roman, 10
If Article (example):
Darvesh, S.; McDonald, R. S.; Penwell, A.; Conrad, S.; Darvesh, K. V.; Mataija, D.; Gomez, G.; Caines, A.; Walsh, R.; Martin, E. Structure-activity relationships for inhibition of human cholinesterases by alkyl amide phenothiazine derivatives. Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2005, 13, 211–222.
If Book (example):
Giacobini, E. Butyrylcholinesterase: Its Function and Inhibitors; Martin Dunitz: London and New York, 2003.
Guide to the preparation of the poster presentation
The poster, written in English, should summarize the research carried out during the doctorate, referring to what has already been outlined in the abstract.
- Poster Size: 100 cm x 120 cm.
- To put up the poster use only drawing pins.
- Presenters are asked to mount their posters on Sunday, July 2nd, from 7.00 pm on at the Palazzo Battiferri, University of Urbino.
- The Poster discussion will be held during the session on Wednesday, July 5th from 14.30-16.00.
- PhD students who wish to apply for the selection of short oral presentation are asked to communicate it in the registration form (form available soon…)
Poster discussion and selected oral communications will be given in English.